Cabinteely Church Renovation 2020
The current St Brigid’s Church has been part of Cabinteely Village and Parish since 1836. It holds many memories of baptisms, weddings, First Holy Communion Days and Confirmations and Funerals, Daily and Sunday masses and Christmas and Easter Celebrations. Thanks to the generosity of previous generations it has survived. It is now our turn to continue to maintain it to the highest standard for the current and future generations.
The audit on St Brigid’s Church has been completed and a full costings report issued. We are doing our best to try and put finances in place through fundraising events and by appealing to parishioners. We will prioritise the work in terms of urgency. There were a number of emergency electrical issues that had to be put right immediately and that has now been done. The main components of the proposed project are:
- Electrical: Full rewiring of the Church; replacement of all lights, fire and alarm systems and CCTV, upgrading of all external lighting,
- Internal plaster repairs and internal redecoration to internal walls and doors.
- Remedial works to Stained Glass Windows
- A new Baptismal Font Space within the Church that would find a permanent place for our Penal Baptismal Font.
Download the Fundraising Campaign Brochure and Bank Mandate to pledge your support.
The entire project is estimated to cost €500,000. We urgently need people to pledge money as it is an enormous amount of money to raise. If you are in a position to make a donation, no matter how small, by a once off payment or by monthly direct debit, you can do so by
- Electronic Transfer: St Brigid’s Parish Fundraising, IBAN: IE64 BOFI 901183 22724915 BIC: BOFIIE2D
- Online via Easypayments button below where you can use a debit or credit card:
- By Cheque payable to St Brigid’s Parish and posted to Fr Duffy c/o St Brigid’s Parish Office, Johnstown Road, Dublin 18